The first day of each month, I’m posting a summary of what I read the previous month and what I plan to read in the coming month. I would love if this could become a conversation in the comments about what’s on your reading list, too!
Major accomplishment for June: I finished Middlemarch!
The rest is just icing on the cake.
July marks the beginning of my Habit Experiment and includes some summer fun, so hopefully I’ll still be able to find ample time to read. And perhaps eat some cake and icing.
Oh, and Sisters Book Club is reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown for July. Visit our Goodreads Group to join the discussion!
Books I read in June:
The Sibling Effect by Jeffrey Kluger (nonfiction, for Sisters Book Club)
Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer (fiction, just for fun)
The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis (5th book in the Chronicles of Narnia, in chronological order)
The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis (6th Narnia book)
The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis (7th and last Narnia book)
- Owls in the Family by Farley Mowat
- Writing to Wake the Soul by Karen Hering
- Writing the Sacred Journey by Elizabeth Jarrett Andrew
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
To-Read for July
- My Accidental Jihad by Karen Bremer (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)
- Famous Baby by Karen Rizzo (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)
- The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown (Sisters Book Club July selection)
- Authority by Jeff VanderMeer
What have you enjoyed reading in the past month? What’s on your to-read list for July? If you blog your answer, please post a link in the comments (and/or link back to this post, if you’re so inclined).